Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Follow Up

Well I went for my bone scan on the 19th of February. It wasn't has scary an experience as I though it would be. I got to the clinic and the took the half cast off and injected me with a radioactive dye - no I did not glow green or anything! They then had me rest my hands on a table wich had a camera underneath and took some pictures to see how the blood flows in my body. I had 2 1/2 hours to kill so I sat in a little cafe and had breakfast and read a book (The Vampire Diaries) I went back to the clinic at the scheduled time and they took me to a dfferent room and again I put my hands on this table thing and the tech had me putting my hands in different positions one word for that - OUCH!! It isn't fun at all to have to hold your sore wrist in one position for three minutes. It was neat to see my bones on the screen though. The tech said that I wouldn't get the results until the 24th at least (in otherwards today)

Friday the 20th I got home from work and there was a message on my phone that I needed to go call the clinic. I called and the unit clerk said that I needed to book a follow up appointment I asked if they had the results of my bone scan and she said yes and that they are booking follow ups 2 weeks away and that I should just come in and wait to see a dr. Needless to say Friday night I did not sleep well at all cause I was so worried since they called so quickly saying they had the results.

Saturday the 21st my wonderful roommate Lacy dropped me off at the clinic and I waited a couple of hours to get in. The nurse camdue and got me and took off the half cast and did the usual poking and prodding and it hurt. She then proceeds to say oh so your here for another xray and I say no I'm here to get the results of my bone scan, she looks in my chart and says we don't have any results here. I was not impressed thinking i've just wasted my saturday morning doing this. Well they did find the results and it turns out that the wrist is definitly broken but not where they thought 'cause the stupid drs were xraying the wrong part of my wrist. So finally after THREE WEEKS I have a positive answer and a real cast on my arm. I go back again in three weeks. So far things look great the swelling in my fingers has gone down a lot.

1 comment:

Amykins Angel said...

Yikes, poor you girl. I TOTALLY know what you mean about WAITING, and not being impressed with DR's and such. Like seriously. The health system does need more Dr's because it sucks waiting, and getting things screwed up.

I am glad they found a proper diagnoses, and so sorry to hear your wrist/hand is broken.
I wish you the best of recovery:)